At Strand and Vale Dental Centre, we have invested in the latest advancements in dental technology, to provide our clients world class dental treatment and increased comfort, whilst simultaneously saving you time and money.
Some of our advanced technology includes:
We are proud to be a platinum provider of this revolutionary orthodontic treatment.
- Computerised, custom designed treatment tailored especially to you.
- New scanning technology- no messy impressions are needed.
- Predictable results- advanced technology has meant that we can illustrate the kind of results you can achieve with Invisalign, before you even commence treatment.
To find out more about this teeth straightening treatment, please click here.
Traditionally multiple appointments were necessary when conducting procedures involving crowns, veneers or custom inlays.
The traditional process involved:
- An initial poor-tasting moulding process followed by installation of temporary veneers or crowns
- Waiting weeks for the custom veneers and crowns to be outsourced
- Returning to the dentist to have the temporary devices removed and custom veneers/ crowns to be installed.
Our acquisition of a CEREC machine has meant that the scans, creation of material and installation of veneers, crowns and inlays can all be done on site during one procedure.
The CEREC restoration involves:
- A 3D optical impression of your tooth is created via a high tech digital 3D camera.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) software is used to design a custom restoration specifically for you.
- An on-site milling machine then creates your custom restoration in a mere 10 minutes! Your restoration is then ready to be permanently bonded, to create a natural looking and functional tooth.
At Strand and Vale Dental Centre, the health and well being of our patients is our number one priority, so we provide an X-ray method that is safer and more efficient than the traditional method.
Benefits of digital radiography:
- Reduces radiation exposure by more than 70%
- Ready in a manner of minutes
- No chemical processing of the X-rays
- Digital records that can be shared by multiple practitioners
Soft Tissue Laser
Laser dentistry is a highly effective treatment that promotes single visit dentistry.
Benefits of laser dentistry:
- Patients report less pain as lasers do not cause any vibration or jarring effects that drilling often does.
- Recovery time is minimised due to the coagulative effect the laser has on gum tissue, resulting in little to no blood loss.
- Increased accuracy means decay can be detected earlier, potentially saving the structure of teeth.
- Increased patient comfort with the reduction in uncomfortable drilling noises.
- Can destroy infection and promote quicker healing.